The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq is a battery-electric compact crossover SUV that was launched in 2021. It is the first product to be marketed under the electric cars-focused Ioniq sub-brand, and the first model developed on the Hyundai Electric Global Modular Platform (E-GMP). The Ioniq 5 stands out with its retro-themed styling and the latest in electric vehicle design. It is spacious, feature-rich, and has good practicality. With ease of drivability and sufficient range, the Ioniq 5 can be a primary car in the family. Hyundai has packaged and priced it quite competitively too.
Some of the key features of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 are:
TOP LED Matrix Headlights
Illuminate your path with dynamic turn indicators.
Sport a rugged look with wheels designed for both style and performance.
Enjoy a 10.25-inch digital cockpit with customizable views for an immersive driving experience.
LED Ambient Lighting
Set the mood with ambient lighting available in 10 captivating colours.
Powered Front Seats
Experience luxury with memory function-enabled front seats.
Navigate seamlessly with a 9-inch touchscreen, wireless Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto.
Bask in the openness with an electrically controlled panoramic sunroof.
Climate Control and Vents
Stay comfortable with automatic climate control, rear vents, and a touch of wireless charging.
Sport Chassis Control
Enjoy a sporty ride with adjustable shock absorbers.
Benefit from state-of-the-art systems like Travel Assist, Side Assist, and Crew Protect Assist.
Nine airbags, including a knee airbag, ensure a five-star Euro NCAP safety rating.
Monte Carlo Variant
Embrace a sporty look with black accents and red stitching.
Also Read This: Upcoming Renault Electric Car in India 2024 – Stunning Photos
2024 Hyundai Ioniq Dimensions
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq has the following dimensions:
- Length: 4,635mm
- Width: 1,890mm
- Height: 1,605mm
- Wheelbase: 3,000mm
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq has a boot space of 527 litres, which can be expanded to 1,591 litres by folding the rear seats. It also has a front trunk (frunk) that can store up to 57 litres of luggage.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 has a ground clearance of 163mm, which is adequate for most road conditions.
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq has a seating capacity of five passengers, with ample headroom, legroom, and shoulder room for all occupants.
2024 Hyundai Ioniq Range
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq has an ARAI-certified range of 631km on a single charge, which is among the best in its segment.
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq has a 72.6kWH lithium-ion polymer battery pack that is located under the floor of the vehicle. The battery pack consists of 10 modules, each containing 24 cells.
2024 Hyundai Ioniq Charge Time
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 can be charged from 10-80 per cent in just 18 minutes using a 350kW DC fast charger. It can also be charged using a 7.2kW AC wall box charger, which takes about six hours to fully charge the battery.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 is built on the Hyundai Electric Global Modular Platform (E-GMP), which is a dedicated battery electric vehicle platform that enables faster charging, increased driving range, more interior space, and better handling.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 has a MacPherson strut suspension at the front and a multi-link suspension at the rear, which provide a comfortable and stable ride quality.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 has disc brakes on all four wheels, with a regenerative braking system that recovers kinetic energy and converts it into electrical energy to recharge the battery.
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 has a top speed of 185kmph, which is electronically limited.
Interior Features of 2024 Hyundai Ioniq
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 has a futuristic and minimalist interior design, with the following features:
- A dual 12.3-inch screen setup for the instrument cluster and the infotainment system with navigation, wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and Hyundai Bluelink connected car features.
- A sliding centre console that can move back and forth by 140mm, creating more space and convenience for the front and rear passengers.
- A wireless charging pad for smartphones is located under the centre console.
- A head-up display (HUD) that projects key information such as speed, navigation, and ADAS alerts on the windshield.
- A panoramic sunroof that extends from the front to the rear, creates a sense of openness and airiness.
- A solar roof can generate up to 204W of electricity and increase the driving range by up to 1,300km annually.
- A climate control system that can adjust the temperature and airflow according to the number of occupants and their preferences.
- A ventilated and heated front seat, with power adjustment and leg support.
- A reclining and folding rear seat, with a 40:20:40 split configuration.
- An eight-speaker Bose premium sound system with ambient sounds of nature.
- A Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) function that allows the car to supply up to 3.6kW of power to external devices such as laptops, camping equipment, or even another electric vehicle.
Exterior Look of 2024 Hyundai Ioniq
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq has a distinctive and retro-themed exterior look, with the following features:
- A parametric pixels LED headlamps, with a unique pattern and a daytime running light (DRL) signature.
- A clamshell hood that covers the entire width of the car, creating a clean and seamless appearance
- A flush-fitting door handles that pop out when the driver approaches the car or presses a button.
- A pixel-inspired LED taillamps, with a horizontal light bar that connects them.
- A flared-wheel arches accentuate the muscular and sporty stance of the car.
- A 20-inch alloy wheels that are the largest ever fitted on a Hyundai electric vehicle
- An Active Air Flap (AAF) that improves aerodynamics when closed and cools vehicle parts when open.
- A rear spoiler that enhances the aerodynamic efficiency and the visual appeal of the car.
Many People Read This: 2024 MG ZS EV vs Hyundai Kona Electric Full Comparison – Stunning Images
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq has a Level 2 ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) with 21 features that enhance the safety and convenience of the driver and the passengers. Some of the safety features are:
- Forward collision-avoidance assist (FCA), which detects vehicles, pedestrians, cyclists, and junctions ahead and applies the brakes to avoid or mitigate a collision.
- Blind-spot collision-avoidance assist (BCA), which warns the driver of vehicles in the blind spot and applies the brakes to prevent a lane change collision.
- Lane following assist (LFA), which keeps the car centred in the lane and adjusts the steering to follow the curvature of the road.
- Smart cruise control (SCC), which maintains a safe distance from the vehicle ahead and adjusts the speed according to the traffic flow.
- Driver attention warning (DAW), monitors the driver’s attention level and suggests a break if signs of fatigue or distraction are detected.
- Highway driving assist (HDA), which combines LFA and SCC to assist the driver in highway driving conditions.
- Rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist (RCCA), which warns the driver of approaching vehicles when reversing out of a parking spot and applies the brakes to avoid a collision.
- Parking collision-avoidance assist (PCA), which detects obstacles in the front and rear of the car and applies the brakes to prevent a collision when parking.
- Surround view monitor (SVM), which provides a 360-degree view of the car and its surroundings on the infotainment screen.
- Remote smart parking assist (RSPA), which allows the driver to remotely park or unpark the car using the smart key or the smartphone app.
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq has a high-quality build, with a rigid and lightweight body structure that uses 53 per cent ultra-high strength steel and 20 per cent aluminium. The body is also designed to absorb and disperse impact energy in case of a collision, protecting the occupants and the battery.
Crash Test Ratings
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq has not been tested by the Global NCAP or the Bharat NCAP yet, but it has received a five-star rating from the Euro NCAP, which is the highest possible rating. The car scored 91 per cent for adult occupant protection, 85 per cent for child occupant protection, 71 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 82 per cent for safety assist.
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq is available in six exterior colors and three interior colours. The exterior colours are:
- Phantom Black
- Atlas White
- Digital Teal Green
- Lucid Blue
- Gravity Gold
- Shooting Star Gray
The interior colors are:
- Obsidian Black
- Dark Pebble Gray/Dove Gray
- Dark Teal/Dove Gray
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 is available in One variant in India, which are:
- Long Range RWD(Electric) (Base Model)
2024 Hyundai Ioniq Price in India
The 2024 Hyundai Ioniq is priced Rs. 45.95 lakh (ex-showroom) in India. The variant-wise price list is as follows:
|Long Range RWD(Electric) (Base Model)
|Rs. 45.95 lakh
The Hyundai Ioniq 5 is a battery-electric compact crossover SUV that offers a futuristic and distinctive design, a spacious and flexible interior, a long driving range, a fast charging capability, and a host of advanced features. It is a compelling option for anyone looking for a premium and eco-friendly vehicle that can be a primary car in the family. Hyundai has also priced it quite competitively, making it a value-for-money proposition.
2024 Hyundai Ioniq Specs
Here is a table that summarizes the information about the Hyundai Ioniq 5:
|527 litres (expandable to 1,591 litres)
Frunk: 57 litres
|10-80 per cent in 18 minutes (DC fast charger)
0-100 per cent in 6 hours (AC wall box charger)
|Hyundai Electric Global Modular Platform (E-GMP)
|MacPherson strut (front)
|Disc brakes (all four wheels)
Regenerative braking system
Digital Teal Green
Shooting Star Gray
|Variants wise Price in India
|Long Range RWD(Electric) (Base Model) Rs. 45.99 lakh
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Hyundai Ioniq 5:
Q: What is the warranty period for the Hyundai Ioniq 5?
A: The Hyundai Ioniq 5 comes with a standard warranty of three years or unlimited kilometres, whichever comes first. The battery pack has a warranty of eight years or 1.6 lakh kilometres, whichever comes first.
Q: What are the charging options for the Hyundai Ioniq 5?
A: The Hyundai Ioniq 5 can be charged using a 350kW DC fast charger, a 7.2kW AC wall box charger, or a regular 15A plug point. Hyundai also provides a portable charger and an emergency roadside assistance service for the Ioniq 5 owners.
Q: How many airbags does the Hyundai Ioniq 5 have?
A: The Hyundai Ioniq 5 has seven airbags, including a driver airbag, a passenger airbag, two side airbags, two curtain airbags, and a knee airbag.
Q: Does the Hyundai Ioniq 5 have a sunroof?
A: Yes, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 has a panoramic sunroof that extends from the front to the rear.
Q: Does the Hyundai Ioniq 5 have a spare wheel?
A: No, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 does not have a spare wheel, but it has a tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) and a tyre repair kit.
Q: How many speakers does the Hyundai Ioniq 5 have?
A: The Hyundai Ioniq 5 has an eight-speaker Bose premium sound system with ambient sounds of nature.
Q: Does the Hyundai Ioniq 5 have a wireless charging pad?
A: Yes, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 has a wireless charging pad for smartphones, located under the center console.
Q: Does the Hyundai Ioniq 5 have a head-up display (HUD)?
A: Yes, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 has a head-up display (HUD) that projects key information such as speed, navigation, and ADAS alerts on the windshield.
Q: Does the Hyundai Ioniq 5 have a solar roof?
A: Yes, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 has a solar roof that can generate up to 204W of electricity and increase the driving range by up to 1,300km annually.
Q: Does the Hyundai Ioniq 5 have a Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) function?
A: Yes, the Hyundai Ioniq 5 has a Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) function that allows the car to supply up to 3.6kW of power to external devices such as laptops, camping equipment, or even another electric vehicle.